E2 Protein Bars
This recipe is super easy, insanely nutritious (a MUST for school/work lunches, because it will give protein & healthy fats… ie. brain power!) and adapted directly from the amazing Oh She Glows blog (I love that vegan food blog!!!)
Health Notes: vegan, gluten free & nut free
- 10min prep
- 10min refrigerate/freeze
- 1.5 cups gluten-free rolled oats, blended into a flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened/unflavoured vegan protein powder
- 1/2 cup rice crisp cereal
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon fine grain sea salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup sunflower seed butter (raw is ideal)
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons mini dark chocolate chips (great options are Camino, or Enjoy Life)
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- Line an 8-inch square pan with a piece of parchment paper. Mix the oat flour, protein powder, rice crisp, and salt together in a large bowl.
- Add in the seed butter, maple syrup, and vanilla. Stir well to combine. If the mixture is a bit dry, add a splash of water, or non-dairy milk and mix again.
- Press into pan and roll out with a pastry roller until smooth. Place into the freezer for 10min.
- Melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil together in a small pot over low heat. When half of the chips have melted, remove from heat and stir until smooth.
- Remove from freezer and slice into bars. Drizzle with melted chocolate and freeze again until set. Store in the freezer in an air-tight freezer bag, or container.
Be sure to peruse the Oh She Glows food blog for more fantastic superfood ideas… I have not been disappointed yet!