Fast, Delicious & Healthy … Pita Pizza!
I have found a way to enjoy pizza and be proud of treating your body good, by eating it (Note: I have not found a way to do this with a beer
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 F
- Get your ingredients ready
- Spread salsa, or tomato sauce lightly on the pita & top with your favourite pizza ingredients
- Place in the oven for 8-10min, or until it is crispy looking (for crispier crust place directly on rack)
- REALLY AMP-UP THE HEALTH by adding any of the following to your pizza: lentils, chickpeas, fresh avocado, ground flax seed, fresh herbs & leafy greens (ie. basil, arugula, spinach, oregano, cumin, etc ) and tones of veggies!!!
- AVOID: processed meats & cheese!!!! Sorry, but pepperoni & other deli meats contain sodium nitrates (among other horrible additives) and cheese slices is more closely related to plastic, than authentic cheese. Neither are acceptable for your body and there’s no way around this fact. So, if you love meat, top with lean beef, or chicken and if you love cheese, use sparingly and grade-up the real stuff
- Choose fresh & organic ingredients (even for the salsa, or tomato sauce), whenever possible. Also reach for local, grass fed beef & local, free-range chicken (both can be found at our Saturday morning Farmer’s Market)
- Stay away from the thick Greek pita… they just double the calories
PS – I’d love to know if you have read this post, or enjoyed the meal idea