No Bake Qunioa Cookies
Prep Time: 5min + 1hr to cool/set
Yields: 20+ small cookies
Diets: Gluten-Free, Vegan (Nut-Free if you substitute seed butter, such as sunflower butter, for peanut butter)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (replace with sunflower seed butter for a NUT FREE alternative)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 3 cups cooked quinoa OR brown rice (from about 1 cup uncooked grain)
* when possible, choose organic ingredients, especially peanut butter and choose fair trade quinoa, cocoa and chocolate
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and clear a space in your fridge or freezer for it. Set aside.
- Combine coconut oil, maple syrup, and cocoa powder in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring to combine. Let boil for about one minute, then remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter, vanilla and salt. Mix in quinoa, or brown rice. Make sure to taste test!
- Drop batter in small scoops onto the parchment paper.
- Place trays in fridge or freezer to set, which will take at least an hour. The cookies are ready once they are completely firm. For best results, store in the fridge.
Thank you to coffeeandquinoa.com for the idea for this fantastic recipe!