Nutty Chocolate Balls
These are the most delicious healthy treat I have ever tasted! They are insanely healthy and will impress any “I am not eating any of that health crap” person you care for
- 1.5 cups of ground raw nuts & seeds (the best are organic: walnuts, pumpkin seeds, almonds, & cashews)
- 2 cups of organic brown rice crisp cereal (Nature’s Path makes a great brand, which can be found in the health food section)
- 500g organic nut spread (ie. almond butter, peanut butter, etc.)
- 1 bag bitter sweet organic chocolate chips
- Start melting chocolate in a double boiler.
- Grind the nuts and seeds (I use a hand chopper, like the cheesy “Slap Chop”) until you have 1.5 c of ground texture.
- Combine the nut & seed mixture & rice crisp cereal.
- Add the nut spread and mix it all until the texture of playdough (go play with playdough, for reference).
- Using your hands, roll into balls about 1-2 inches in diameter and place on a cookie sheet. If you find it difficult to roll the balls because they fall apart, you need more nut better & ground nuts. If you find it difficult to roll balls due to stickiness, you may need a bit more rice cereal, or to butter your hands frequently.
- Place balls into freezer for 5+ min (to ensure they will hold shape during step 7).
- Roll nut balls in melted chocolate, coating as much as you would like.
- Enjoy… I dare you not to
- Freeze whatever is not devoured
PS – I invented this rocking, tasty recipe, so contact me with any questions