Super Chia Doughnuts
You cannot have dessert until you Eat Your Doughnuts!
Can you imagine proudly saying such a statement? You will, after you see & try this easy, quick and delicious recipe.
- 3/4 cup oat flour (make your own by blending rolled oats in a blender)
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup liquid of choice (experiment with coconut milk, hemp milk, almond milk, water, etc)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Lightly grease a 6 cavity doughnut pan (muffin tins will work equally as well).
- In a large bowl, combine ingredients 1-5
- Add ingredients 6-8 to dry ingredients (note: it is normal for batter to seem “runny”)
- Spoon batter into each doughnut, or muffin cavity.
- Bake 22-26min (note: finished cooking if you pierce with a fork, or toothpick, and it comes out clean)
- Cool in tins for 5min and then flip onto cooling rack for an additional 10+min to finish cooling
Good to know: doughnuts refrigerate & freeze very well! I always double, or quadruple my batch, to have plenty for weeks of school & work snacks
- This fantastic recipe was adapted from the fabulous Oh She Glows cookbook (if you love healthy, easy and sinfully nutritious foods, you should buy this cookbook)
- although I make these doughnuts on a weekly basis (including the variations… I love them with coconut milk the best!) my photograph skills are horrible. This awesome photo is via www.lawrence.com