You May Have Low Iron Levels….
A training client recently asked me for a little advice on how to increase their iron levels. Since the majority of people I train are prone to iron deficiencies (menopausal, post menopausal, pregnant, post-partum, or do not eat a variety of fresh, “real” food) I thought it would be very relevant & useful to post some information on Iron Deficiencies.
This is Important to You If:
- I you fall into any of the afore mentioned categories (menopausal, post menopausal, pregnant, post-partum, or do not eat a variety of fresh, “real” food)
- You regularly experience weakness, irritability and decreased energy
- Canadian Living published a very concise and thorough article on Iron Deficiencies (less than 1000 words) click here
- For a detailed list of iron rich foods click here
- For a guide on foods which enhance iron absorption and which inhibit iron absorption click here
( image via www.brainharmonycenter.com)